Communication Toolkit – LESTCROWD Tool Presentation Cards #1
by Matteo Mauri
LETSCROWD improves the safety of crowds during mass gatherins through the development of a set of human centred tools for LEAs. Download the Tool Presentation Cards. Here the Communication Toolkit Card is available.
The communication toolkit “How to communicate with multicultural crowds in mass gatherings” aims at improving event organisers, security officers and first responders’ crowd awareness and intercultural competences in the pre-event and execution phases of the event. The communication toolkit consists of two main sections:
– SECTION #1 presents the highlights of the literature review on three main topics: socio-cultural issues relevant for communicating with the crowd in mass gathering events, crowd behaviours in emergencies and the key elements of the communication process.
– SECTION #2 provides five different communication tools that can be used to define the communication strategy for a specific event:
- General communication guidelines
- Triggering questions
- Specific communication guidelines for sporting events, festivals and concerts
- Emergency communication cards
WHO IS THIS TOOL FOR?
- Event organizers
- Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs)
- Security officers
- First responders
WHEN SHOULD THE TOOL BE USED?
During the preparation and execution phases of a mass gathering event.
WHAT IS THE ADDED VALUE OR BENEFITS FOR LEAs OPERATORS AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS?
- Supporting key stakeholders in building-up their context-specific communication strategy.
- Supporting the process of collecting and organizing available information, to enhance the preparedness and the communication effectiveness.
The Communication toolkit card is available below.
See all the LETSCROWD toolcards (new cards are coming soon).