Real Time Evacuation (RTE) – LESTCROWD Tool Presentation Cards #3
by Matteo Mauri
Download the LETSCROWD Toolcards. The RTE tool is a software to simulate the evacuation of crowds at mass gatherings providing results in real-time. Here the RTE Card is available.
The model configuration involves:
- Event: The user defines the crowd size, the number and width of the available exits and the distance from the crowd to each exit.
- Key random parameters: the user can modify the people response times, walking speeds and flows through the exits.
The tool performs hundreds of simulations for the same scenario to capture all potential outcomes. The outputs are the total evacuation times, the evacuation times per exit and the exit use.
The user can easily assess different scenarios by directly change exit availability, potential exit use and/or key random parameters.
WHO IS THIS TOOL FOR?
The RTE tool is designed for LEAS (those units in charge of security management) and stakeholders in charge of safety of mass gathering events.
WHEN SHOULD THE TOOL BE USED?
Both for Event planning and during the event to:
– Explore the impact of actual or potential incidents.
– Define actual or potential evacuation strategies.
WHAT IS THE ADDED VALUE OR BENEFITS FOR LEAs OPERATORS AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS?
– Easy to use.
– For outdoor and indoor events.
– Stochastic approach.
– Results in a few seconds.
– Useful for planning and real-time decision-making.
– Validated against real environment conditions.
The Real Time Evacuation Toolcard is available below.
See also the Real Time Evacuation Tool video.
See all the LETSCROWD toolcards.